Making Your Mark With Mail
It’s true what they say - voters only glance at the mailers for a second. For your mailer to make an impact, it needs to be HIGH-impact.
- Visual - It must be eye-catching. It can be a simple and straightforward impact, but it must have an impact.
- Inclusive - Bring the target audience along with the piece. Make sure images of the kind of voter you are targeting are included. Make sure their concerns and aspirations are addressed.
- Clear - Don’t make it a manifesto. Get the point across in a time-effective way.
- Kinetic - Create action with the whole piece. A call to action or smooth visuals that invites the viewer in. Or in another, more creative way, make it action-oriented.
The content of your piece (issues, biographical language, endorsements) will depend on the campaign and the political culture of the district. But the advice above should apply to every single piece of mail your campaign sends out.
"Why I Chose HSG Campaigns"
After the first edition of our HSG Newsletter, Wisconsin State Senator Chris Larson reached out sharing his own testimonial on our many years working together.
"Over the years I have worked with HSG and seen their work on heated campaigns. Time and again, I am impressed with their ability to deliver strategic messaging with high-impact visuals. Eric Hogensen is keenly aware of how to use his political mind to communicate with voters in a way that works."
- Chris Larson, Wisconsin State Senator, District 7
Thank you, Senator Larson! It is always an honor to work with you and your team.
What We're Reading
At HSG Campaigns, we're always sharing thought-provoking books with each other, and we want to share them with you too. This week Jeremy is recommending bell hooks' Killing Rage: Ending Racism.
"Introduced to bell hooks by a former classmate, hook's countercultural perspective into the intersection of race, gender, and class in our society captivated me from the start. From her personal encounters to the analysis of institutionalized racism in our country, Killing Rage: Ending Racism offers an all-too-real analysis of the challenges we face as individuals day-to-day, and together as a society paralyzed by internalized rage for one another." - Jeremy Payne
Let us know what you think, or share with us one of your own favorites!
-Eric, Dave, Jeremy